UPSC Civil Services (CSE) IAS Preliminary Exam Notification 2023 Pdf in English, Eligibility, Application Form, Syllabus, Age Limit, Exam Date, etc.: As per the latest news, (Union Public Service Commission) UPSC Notification 2023 has officially released the Civil Services Exam exam date. Additionally, Forest Services Exam 2023 Notification has also been released. The candidates who are applying for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
First, have to make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria for admission to the examination. If he/ she applies without fulfilling the eligibility criteria, the candidate may face further problems. Aspirants who are waiting for UPSC Notification 2023 can apply online for UPSC CSE 2023 preliminary exam.
The deadline for registering for the exam UPSC CSE 2023 has been changed from February 01 to February 21, 2023 (the last date). UPSC aspirants can apply for UPSC Civil Services 2023 through the official website upsc.gov.in beside upsconline.nic.in.
For the convenience of the candidates, complete information has been given in this article. About (CSE) 2023 or Indian Administration Service (IAS) Exam 2023 and the online application form of Indian Forest Service (IFS). Along with this, the documents required for the application, qualification, age limit, application fee, and UPSC calendar have been mentioned.
UPSC Notification 2023 Overview for Civil Services
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) makes appointments for the recruitment of civil servants every year. UPSC is one of the premier bodies in India which conducts separate examinations for Groups A and B for recruitment to various posts. UPSC CSE is considered to be the most challenging and difficult exam in India. All candidates above 21 years can apply for the 1255 posts in the UPSC Notification 2023.
The Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2023 will take place on May 28, 2023, according to the UPSC calendar. A total of 1255 posts UPSC will do recruited for 1105 civil service posts and 150 for Indian Forest Service posts. The following sections share the details regarding UPSC 2023 Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, and Civil Services Exam Preparation
|Recruitment||Civil Servant and Indian Forest Service|
|UPSC CSE Notification 2023||1 February 2023|
|UPSC CSE initial application date||1 February 2023|
|UPSC CSE’s last date||21 February 2023|
|Last date to pay the application fee||21 February 2023|
|Correction in the application form||22 February 2023|
|Last date to make corrections in the application form||28 February 2023|
|UPSC CSE Preliminary exam date||28 May 2023|
|UPSC CSE Preliminary exam result||June 2023|
|UPSC Mains Exam||25 September 2023|
|UPSC CSE exam mode||Offline|
Important Facts for UPSC Notification 2023
- UPSC aspirants must score at least 25% of the total marks on each qualifying paper in the CSE Mains exam.
- The prelims exam is of qualifying nature and its marks are not added to the merit list.
- Before applying, candidates should make sure whether they are eligible or not. Mainly they must check their physical fitness who are applying for IPS.
- The length of all the question papers of Mains is three hours, and all these papers carry 275 marks.
- Candidates from North Eastern states like Sikkim, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Arunachal Pradesh are exempted from giving Indian language papers.
Application Fee for UPSC CSE Recruitment 2023
Only general-category candidates have to pay the application fee for the UPSC CSE exam, candidates of all other categories are exempted from this. The same women belonging to any category are given an exemption in the application fee. “UPSC Civil Services (CSE) IAS Preliminary Exam Notification 2023 Pdf in English, Eligibility, Application Form, Syllabus, Age Limit, Exam Date, etc.”
|Category||UPSC CSE Application fee 2023|
|General||100 ₹ only|
|Other Backward Class||Zero|
|Public Work Department||Zero|
Maximum Attempts for CSE Exams
Different maximum attempts have been prescribed for different sections of the UPSC CSE 2023 exam.
- The maximum number of attempts for a General Category candidate is Six (6) times.
- OBC category candidates are given a relaxation of 3 attempts in the exam so that they can attempt UPSC a maximum of 9 times.
- No limit has been set for the maximum number of attempts in the UPSC CSE exam for SC/ ST category people, they can take the exam again and again till the age limit is over.
- General EWS has also been set to a maximum of 9 attempts like OBC.
UPSC CSE Vacancies
How to Apply for the UPSC CSE Exam
You can apply for the UPSC exam online mode, follow the following steps to apply online. “UPSC Civil Services (CSE) IAS Preliminary Exam Notification 2023 Pdf in English, Eligibility, Application Form, Syllabus, Age Limit, Exam Date, etc.”
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of UPSC and then click @ upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in.
- By reaching the homepage, download the UPSC CSE/IFS 2023 Notification and go through the important details before applying.
- Next, check the homepage and click on the link for ‘One Time Registration (OTR)’ to apply.
- Next before applying keep the important papers/documents with you so that there is no hindrance during the application.
- Now you have to generate the registration ID for the registration process by entering the required information. These details include your name, mobile number, and email ID. After successfully filling in the information, complete the registration process and proceed further.
- Now go to the login page and enter the registration ID, your password, and the captcha code.
- Login after filling in the information on the login page.
- Next, fill out your application form correctly and upload all the required documents.
- After submitting all the information and documents, pay the application fee by card.
- 10- Lastly, Submit the application form after payment.
Note:- After submitting the application form, lastly you can take a printout of the application and take out a hard copy for future reference.
Important Date for the UPSC CSE Exam 2023
UPSC Civil Services (CSE) IAS Preliminary Exam Notification 2023 Pdf in English, Eligibility, Application Form, Syllabus, Age Limit, Exam Date, etc.
|UPSC CSE Notification 2023||View Here|
|UPSC CSE Registration 2023 Link||View Here|
|UPSC CSE Syllabus 2023||View Here|
|UPSC CSE Prelims Exam 2023 Details||View Here|
Eligibility for UPSC Exam
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, either a resident of Bhutan or Nepal. Apart from this, Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1962 can also take part in this examination.
- The candidate must have completed or be in the final year of graduation from any recognized college or university.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years and the maximum age should be 32 years. Age will be determined on the basis of 1/08/2023.
Age Relaxation for Various Reserved Categories
Various reserved categories are given relaxation in age and attempt for the UPSC CSE exam. Further from this, additional relaxation is given to ex-servicemen, disabled Which is as follows-
|Defence service personnel||3|
|Disabled (Blind, Low vision, etc.)||10|
Note:-EWS category candidates are not given any age relaxation in the UPSC exam.
- Rajasthan Home Guard Recruitment 2023 for 3842 Posts
- NLC India Limited Recruitment 2023 for Apprentices – 626 Posts
UPSC CSE Exam Pattern
The UPSC exam is a very challenging and time-consuming exam. To pass the UPSC exam one has to go through three stages which are as follows- First, we have to crack the Preliminary Examination, then secondary to crack Mains Exam, and lastly is the Interview.
1. Preliminary Exam
This is a qualifying nature exam and its marks are not added to the merit but it is equally important to the main exam. It consists of 2 papers CSAT-1 and CSAT-2 and both are objective type in nature. A minimum of 33% marks is required to qualify for this exam. Only after passing this exam, you can appear in the main exam.
The main exam is the last exam and its marks are added to the merit. There is a total of 9 papers in Mains, out of which the marks of 7 papers are added to the merit. So the same remaining two papers are qualifying and their marks are not added to the merit, it is necessary to get a minimum of 25% marks to qualify them.
This is the final stage, only after passing the mains, the call for an interview comes. In this, the board members sit face to face and question the candidate. Later merit is prepared by adding the marks of the interview and mains exam and rank is given on the basis of the same. Finally, after getting selected for the interview, your selection is done.