Kedarnath Temple Opening Date and Closing Date 2023 | Kedarnath Temple Yatra 2023 Registration, Helicopter Booking, Open and Close Date: India is a country of temples, here you will find temples on every corner. This temple is a symbol of devotion and faith among all Indians. One such temple is Kedarnath located in Uttarakhand. Kedarnath opening date of 2023 is announced every year on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya. Devotees eagerly wait for the Kedarnath opening date throughout the year.
The Kedarnath opening date of 2023 is calculated by the priests of the Omkareshwar temple. The Kedarnath temple remains open till the day of Bhai Dooj in November. After which the temple is again closed for a certain period by the temple administration. Today in this article we are going to learn about Kedarnath opening date of 2023. Kedarnath yatra 2023 registration, Kedarnath temple closing date 2023, Kedarnath helicopter booking.
If we talk about when Kedarnath temple will open in 2023, then let us tell you that in 2023, Kedarnath opening date 2023 has been fixed on 25th April. The opening of the Kedarnath temple doors draws visitors not only to the temple itself, but also to other sacred sites in Uttarakhand’s Himalayan valley, such as Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
The Kedarnath temple holds immense significance for devotees of Lord Shiva, and the opening of its doors is an important occasion. The pilgrims come from far and wide places to offer their prayers and seek the blessings of the deity. The announcement of the opening date is eagerly awaited each year, and it is a joyous occasion for all who hold the temple dear.
Kedarnath Opening Date 2023 Highlights
|Kedarnath opening date 2023||April 25, 2023|
|Kedarnath temple closing date 2023||November 14, 2023|
|Registration fee||₹ 150/-|
|Article Category||Latest Update|
|Official Website||Click here|
Closing and Opening Date of Kedarnath 2023
Kedarnath temple closing date 2023: Based on the information available on the internet, it is confirmed that the Kedarnath opening date for 2023 is April 25, 2023. And the closing date of the Kedarnath temple is November 14, 2023. It is understandable that pilgrims eagerly await the opening of the Kedarnath temple, and it is a significant moment for them to seek blessings from Lord Shiva. The process of opening the temple gates involves the prayers and devotion of the Pujaris and Rawal, which adds to the significance of the occasion.
The closure of the Kedarnath temple gates is also a significant event. And it is celebrated by the Garhwal Bands as they take the Baba KedarDoli to the Omkareshwar temple in Ukhimath. “Kedarnath Temple Opening Date and Closing Date 2023 | Kedarnath Temple Yatra 2023 Registration, Helicopter Booking, Open and Close Date”
The Kedarnath Yatra Online Registration Process
- The Kedarnath Yatra is a popular pilgrimage that requires pilgrims to register themselves either online or offline.
- Registering for the Yatra helps the authorities manage the number of pilgrims visiting the temple and provide necessary assistance during the Yatra.
- The online registration process is simple and requires pilgrims to visit the official website of the Uttarakhand government’s tourism department at https://badrinath-kedarnath.gov.in/Auth/LoginRegister/Login_Pilgrim.aspx
- On the website, pilgrims must select the Register or Login option and fill out the registration form.
- During the registration process, pilgrims will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number and email, which they need to verify to proceed with the registration.
- Pilgrims can add all the necessary information, such as the tour dates, number of pilgrims, destination, etc. on their personalized dashboard after logging in.
- After filling in all the details, they can submit the form and obtain a unique registration number.
- The registration letter serves as a permit for undertaking the Kedarnath Yatra.
- You can download this registration letter through a unique registration number.
Kedarnath Yatra 2023 Download E Pass
- First of all, visit the Uttarakhand Tourist Care website at www.registrationandtouristcare.uk.gov.in.
- Now create an account using your mobile number.
- Log in again using your credentials.
- Add tour and pilgrim details.
- Fill in all the required details, including uploading your photo ID and address proof.
- Enter the details of the other members of your group.
- Select the date and temple you wish to visit. You can deselect any temple if a group member does not wish to visit it.
- Download the Yatra e-pass/ Yatra registration letter.
Offline Registration Process for Kedarnath Yatra
To register for the Char Dham Yatra offline, there are various locations available for pilgrims to visit. In Uttarakhand, there are 14 registration counters, and there are over 50 counters along the Yatra route where pilgrims can get themselves registered. The pilgrims need to visit any of these counters and stand in a queue for registration. “Kedarnath Temple Opening Date and Closing Date 2023 | Kedarnath Temple Yatra 2023 Registration, Helicopter Booking, Open and Close Date”
|PLACE||LOCATION FOR OFFLINE CHARDHAM REGISTRATION|
|Haridwar||Haridwar Railway Station|
|Haridwar||Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Parking|
|Rishikesh||Roadways Bus Stand|
|Janki Chatti||Janki Chatti|
Kedarnath Opening Date 2023 Helicopter Booking
- Visit the official website of the helicopter service provider of your choice. Arrow Aircraft, Himalayan Heli, Kestrel Aviation, Pawan Hans, Chipsan Aviation, Thumby Aviation, and Pinnacle Air are some of the helicopter service providers that operate in Kedarnath.
- Select the Kedarnath Yatra package that suits your needs.
- Fill in all the required details, such as your name, contact information, number of passengers, and preferred date of travel.
- Pay the helicopter bill through the available payment options.
- Once you make the payment, your mobile will be messaged with booking details like date, time, location of the helipad, etc.
- Carry a valid ID proof, such as an Aadhaar card, passport, or driving license, and a printout of the booking confirmation.
- After boarding the helicopter, sit back and enjoy the scenic views on the way to Kedarnath.
- The helicopter will land at the Kedarnath helipad, from where you can take a shuttle or pony to the temple.
How to Reach Kedarnath?
There are several transportation options available for travelers to reach Gaurikund, including:-
By Air:- The Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest domestic airport to Kedarnath, located approximately 239 kilometers away. This airport is well-connected to Delhi with daily flights available. Travelers can easily book flights from Delhi to Jolly Grant Airport through various airlines, including IndiGo, SpiceJet, and Air India. Once travelers reach the airport, taxi services are available to take them to Kedarnath.
By Train:- The nearest train station is Rishikesh, located 221 kilometers away. At the station, pre-paid cab services and buses are available for travelers to use.
By Road:- Travelers can take one of the many buses departing from Rishikesh and Kotdwar to reach Kedarnath. Private cabs can also be hired from these locations. Gauri Kund is another option for getting to Kedarnath, and state buses linking it to Rishikesh, Dehradun, Kotdwara, and Haridwar are available.
Helicopter Services:- For those who prefer to travel by helicopter, services to Kedarnath are available. Tickets can only be purchased through the official government website, maintained by UCADA and GMVN, which are both under the Government of Uttarakhand’s jurisdiction. No other website or agency is licensed to offer Kedarnath Helicopter tickets. “Kedarnath Temple Opening Date and Closing Date 2023 | Kedarnath Temple Yatra 2023 Registration, Helicopter Booking, Open and Close Date”
|Also Read: Top 10 Best Online Real Money Earning Apps in India Without Investment|
|Also Read: Best Online Money-Making Apps in India 2023|
5 Kedarnath Places You Must Visit
Gaurikund:- Gaurikund, a significant Hindu pilgrimage place, is 14 kilometers away from Kedarnath and has a temple devoted to the goddess Parvati. Gaurikund serves as a base camp for the Kedarnath trek. Gaurikund is the last stop before the journey to Kedarnath Temple.
Shankaracharya Samadhi:– Shankaracharya Samadhi is another impressive religious site for Hindus. Adi Shankaracharya is known for the establishment of the Char Dhams, just behind the Kedarnath temple is the 8th-century temple of Shankaracharya. Thousands of devotees come here every year, Shankaracharya has also constructed a hot water spring due to the severe weather of this place.
Sonprayag:- Sonprayag is situated at an altitude of 1,829 meters and is located 5 km from Gaurikund and 18 km from Kedarnath. And it is considered a significant religious site as it is believed to be the place where Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati got married. The confluence of River Mandakini and River Basuki, surrounded by stunning snow-capped mountains and natural beauty, can be found at Sonprayag. It can be found situated amidst Rudraprayag and Gaurikund.
Vasuki Tal:- Vasuki Tal is a stunning lake located 8 km from Kedarnath at an altitude of 4,135 m, surrounded by towering mountains and offering a breathtaking view of the Himalayan peaks. Lord Vishnu is believed to have bathed in the lake in ancient times. The winter season freezes the lake entirely. The trek to Vasuki Tal begins at Gaurikund and continues through Rambara to Garud Chatti before passing the Kedarnath Dham shrine. The path ascends steadily and offers several stunning views of the holy River Mandakini.
Rudraprayag:- Kedarnath temple, a holy site, is 76 km away from Rudraprayag, the nearest town. Rudraprayag is named after Lord Shiva’s Rudra incarnation and is surrounded by majestic mountains, rivers, streams, and lakes. It is also home to one of the Panch Prayag. Rudraprayag is located near the Indo-Tibetan border on NH58, making it a mandatory stop for pilgrims traveling from New Delhi to Badrinath via Haridwar and Rishikesh during the summer pilgrimage season.
The Kedarnath temple in Uttarakhand is a major pilgrimage site for Lord Shiva devotees, opening on April 25 and closing on November 14, 2023. Online registration for the Yatra is available via the tourism department website to manage visitor numbers, or offline at locations along the route. The temple’s opening and closing are significant moments marked with prayers and devotion by Pujaris and Rawal.
The Garhwal Bands celebrate the temple’s closure by taking the Baba KedarDoli to the Omkareshwar temple. The temple is an important cultural and religious heritage site, attracting visitors from across India. “Kedarnath Temple Opening Date and Closing Date 2023 | Kedarnath Temple Yatra 2023 Registration, Helicopter Booking, Open and Close Date”
|Also Read: Online Bank Account Opening With Zero Balance|
|Also Read: Best App for Photo Editing Free for Android, iPhone, and PC|
Ans:- Char Dham Yatra is set to begin on April 22, coinciding with the auspicious day of Akshay Tritiya. However, the Kedarnath portals will only be open to devotees on April 25, 2023.
Ans:- The portals of Kedarnath open in the month of April. Kedarnath will open for devotees on April 25th.
Ans:- The Kedarnath Dham doors shut down every year after two days of Diwali, during Bhai Dooj. The final closing date of Kedarnath Dham is announced on Vijaydashmi. The estimated closing date of Kedarnath Dham in 2023 is November 14.
Ans:- Pilgrims must register online or offline for the popular Kedarnath Yatra to help authorities manage the number of visitors and provide assistance. After completing a simple online registration form, pilgrims receive an OTP to verify their mobile number and email, allowing them to add necessary details to their personalized dashboard, submit the form, and obtain a unique registration number. The registration letter, serving as a permit, can be downloaded via this number.
Ans:- Badrinath Dham’s opening date for pilgrims on April 27, 2023, and is expected to close on November 21, 2023.